Terms of Service
- I require payment in full (or a 20% deposit for pieces $80 or more) before working on your commission.
- I only accept payments through PayPal, USD currency only.
- Payment ensures you a secure a spot in my artist queue.
- If you don't have a PayPal account, NO PROBLEM! :D I am more then happy to send you a payment invoice to your email. From there you can pay via debit, credit or e-check. All of your information is secure and confidential. I do not have access to your card or account numbers. All I will see is the payment received.
Rights I Have
- I reserve the right to refuse or cancel your commission at any time for any reason.
- I reserve the right to watermark your piece. If you post your art anywhere for general display, please request the watermarked version for display.
- I reserve the right to use your piece for publicity and the right to post it anywhere on the internet or in print.
- I reserve the right to sell prints or merchandise of your commissioned work, with or without your permission. If you have a problem with any of this, please talk to me prior to a commission arrangement or simply do not commission me.
- I reserve the right to exercise artistic liberty if I feel it is in the best interest of the work.
- I am not obligated to show WIPs (work in progress shots) or keep you up to date with the progress of your work.
- I exclusively own the rights of the image, or, the "expression" of it. I will never lay claim to your characters, they are yours. You are simply paying me to draw them for you.
- Commissions are usually worked on in the order they are received in, but I am not obligated to do so. Smaller pieces such as icons, sketches or badges can be completed first, at my discretion.
- Once complete, I am not required to post the finished work on my website, deviantART, or any form of social media.
- If you are using my artwork for commercial services, please read about that here.
Right's You Have
- You are paying me for the expression of your work. It is YOUR artwork! You paid for it! You can edit/alter, print, reference or post your commissioned artwork anywhere or however you want. You can even use your artwork for RPGs, as an icon/avatar, and you can even post it publicly on websites.
- You have the right to request WIP (Work in Progress) screen shots of your work at any time. I will do my best to do that anyway.
- As with all my artwork, posting it elsewhere requires that copyright/watermark remains on the full piece and proper credit is given. Please read more about this here
- You are not allowed to sell prints or gain additional income (virtual or real) from these works without my permission.
- Once a commission quote is set and the money is paid, the price and terms for the commission are non-negotiable.
- You are not allowed to make changes once the commission work has begin. I make small exceptions, but general I decline to take changes).
- I do not work around strict deadlines. It is up to you to commission me within reasonable time of a deadline you require. I will do my best, but I am not obligated to meet those deadlines.
- Do not pester or harass me about your commission process (i.e. emails or messages asking for updates). If this persists, I may cancel your commission. The refund policy still applies to this (see below).
- Clients must provide easy-to-understand descriptions or accurate image references for me to use on your piece. I can't "imagine" what you do when it comes to your characters and creatures, so you must do your part to make sure I do. If I can't properly "envision" what you want, I may be inclined to deny your request.
- Your references must also be CLEAN. Please don't supply me with any images containing graphic bits or pornographic scenes for your references. I really don't want to see that kind of stuff, and I refuse to draw such things anyway, so it won't help. :( If you have no other option for a reference, please be courteous and black the bits parts out. Please be respectful...
- Upon agreement and payment for a piece, commissioners MAY NOT make major changes to the commissioned piece. Small things such as change of eye/hair color may be allowed, but large additions or modifications will result in a fee of $5, even if I haven't started progress on your piece.
- Relationships with my clients will remain professional. Your information will remain confidential and will never be shared or discussed outside of email or private messaging. If a commissioner is being rude, unreasonable, or threatening, I will cancel your commission.
Receiving Your Commission
- Completed digital works will be emailed to the owner. You'll receive the full size hi-res version without a watermark to your email address.
- Traditional artwork can be mailed to the owner for a small shipping fee based on your location.
- I do not offer the service of physical printing or framing. Please print or take your completed work to your local printing store and have them print it there. This saves both of us from the time and hassle of printing and shipping costs and the risk of your art being damaged through the mail system.
Cancellations of Refunds
- If you wish to cancel your commission, depending on how far I've begun work on your commission, a partial or even full refund can be made.
- A partial refund consists of your remaining balance minus any deposits made for my time and effort put into your order.
- A full refund after your order has been completed is not possible. Even if you are unhappy with your commission, I must be compensated for any work that may have gone into your piece. I will gladly make reasonable changes to your piece to make you happy.